Ok, so if you know me you’ll know I love a good luxury holiday. When I go on holiday I like to 100% relax so I knew that it had to be a TUI sensatori holiday because they offer fabulous luxury holidays set in five star surroundings. I booked the package holiday online via the TUI website to include flights (Easy Jet) and hotel which was 5* all inclusive. At the time of booking they were running a promotion offering £50 off holidays departing before 31st August 2018- my initial thoughts were an extra £50 saving means another new bikini!
I’m so glad we decided on the Ibiza resort, the hotel itself has a very stylish and contemporary feel. We booked an adults only double room which was lovely. When we arrived it was around 1:00am local time so it was dark outside I remember opening the balcony door and being so excited I could hear the sea- I didn’t realise how close we would be. Our room was equipped with all the usual i.e. iron , ironing board, flat-screen TV, fridge, safe. They had made us a platter of food and left a bottle of red wine which I thought was such a thoughtful touch, even though I didn’t drink it because I don’t like red wine!
Location wise, it overlooks the beach and because of its hillside location it offers some of the best sunset views. The best sunset views can been seen from the sunset bar where we relaxed most evenings with a cocktail or two whilst enjoying music from the in house DJ! However in addition to this there is also The Show Lounge and The Boardwalk where most of the evening entertainment happens. One evening we watched the fantastic Lloyd Wade perform, he is an incredible soul singer who knows how to work a crowd- he had all the audience joining in, even me- cringe!
The dining facilities were out of this world- hence why I returned 6lb heavier! The resort has six restaurants;
All Inclusive Restaurants
- Es Vedra & S’eparta- This is the main restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s set over two floors so can either dine upstairs or downstairs both have separate family and adult only dining areas. The food here is fabulous and everyday there is a different theme meaning you don’t get bored of eating the same food. The waiters and chef’s were all so friendly, not once did we have to wait more than a couple of minutes for a drink top up.
- Sunset Mediterranean restaurant- This is one of the restaurants we didn’t get to try only because we had such a tight schedule. I was a little disappointed as I love Spanish cuisine especially paella!
- Trattoria La Torre Italian restaurant- Here they specialise in classic Italian cuisine including pizza, pasta and risotto- literally carb heaven! Unfortunately this was the other restaurant we failed to dine at however I’m slightly please as that 6lb may have been 8lb!
- The Retreat- This restaurant is a five-minute walk from the heart of the resort, you will find a Pan-America eatery open for buffet lunch and a la carte dining by night. We only had lunch here once just because we stayed at the main resort most days, I would say the ‘The Retreat’ generally is aimed at families as the restaurant is located next to the splash park/waterpark.
- Le Souk restaurant (Supplement of €25 per adult and €12.50 per child 2-12 years)- Oh wow! So this had to be my absolute favourite place to dine, it’s definitely worth the additional supplement fee. We enjoyed a range dishes from Asia and North Africa all courses were so yummy, we both left feeling rather bloated.
- T-Beach restaurant- Supplement of €40per adult and €20per child 2-12 years- This restaurant is beautifully located on the beach, so the perfect setting for either lunch or dinner. We ate lunch here a couple of afternoons. At lunchtime they offer a set menu but again with something for everyone, my favourite was the cheese & tuna pitta with a side of chips and salad! (there is no supplement for lunchtime dining). Unfortunately we didn’t have time to have dinner here but I hear its pretty amazing! They serve sushi or you can cook you own steaks and seafood on a hot volcanic stone.
All restaurants required booking for dinner apart from Es Vedra & S’eparta, you could book up to two days in advance which worked well, the only downside to the booking system is you couldn’t book on the same day- if your like me I can be very indecisive so same day booking would have been ideal! Oh and boys make sure you pack long trousers or tailored shorts for dinner time. In regards to drinks there are lots of different bars around the hotel and just a little heads up- the staff are in no way stingy when it comes to pouring.
The hotel offers six pools; main pool, adults only pool, outdoor pool (located at The Retreat), children’s splash pool, outdoor activity pool and spa pool. We spent most of our time at the adults only pool because we don’t have children, it was super close to the beach and I loved the in-water sun loungers. On the last day I left my partner by the pool whilst I went off for a pamper session at the spa. Within our welcome pack we were given a spa welcome voucher offering 20% off but because I’m so forgetful I forgot to use ours and ended up paying full price- but the back, neck and shoulder massage was worth it so I didn’t mind. The spa itself is beautiful, very modern and sleek. As well as the pool they also offer a thermal zone, sensation showers and ice fountain perfect for a day of relaxing and revitalising.
Overall the holiday was superb! I think personally the thing that impressed me the most was the service received at the hotel- it was second to none. On arrival our luggage was taken to our room for us by reception. The maids cleaned our room roughly everyday, changed our towels and topped up our water in the fridge without request. On the second to last night we were called and offered room upgrade to a swim up room but we didn’t take them up on the offer because we only had the one night left and in all honestly I had stuff everywhere so couldn’t be bothered packing to unpack again. I would definitely recommend this hotel if your looking for the perfect holiday, with great views, entertainment and facilities.